DRA Industries - overview
DRA's first business founded in 1971 was a site abrasive blast cleaning and coating company servicing the chemical, oil and petrochemical industries. Today the company offers a range of specialized services at the Perth based plant or on site using modular plant.
The Perth based site sits on 3500 M2 comprising under cover and open space.
Blast cleaning & coating services
- Liquid coating of all types applied by conventional, airless, air assist, electrostatic and plural component equipment.
- Urethane elastomers applied by spray, spinning and casting.
- Natural and synthetic rubber applied to tanks, vessels and equipment.
- Metals (aluminium, zinc and alloys) applied by the ARC process.
- Powders of different compositions applied electrostatically.
Surface preparation by
- Steel grit blasting in blasting chamber
- Garnet blasting in the open
- Shot blasting of steel and pipe using fixed and mobile blasting machine
- High pressure water cleaning to 25,000 PSI
Plant available includes:
- Pipe Coating
Internal and external descaling and coating of line pipe up to 1000mm diameter and 18M long.
- Fusion bonded epoxy (FBE)
Powder line for rebar and pipe up to 100mm diameter and 18M long.
- Polyurethane hot casting plant
For lining of slurry pipe up to 1000mm diameter and 12M long.
- Abrasive grit blasting chamber
Suitable for fabricated sections. Room size of 25M x 6M x 6M.
One of the largest structural steel blasting chambers in Australia
- Automatic steel section blasting and painting line
Semi automatic line for descaling and lining fabricated steel sections.