- Class A (solid combustible agents)
- Class B (liquid combustible agents)
- Class C (gaseous combustible agents)
- Class E (electrical equipment under tension.
ISTO-1 is used in extinguishing fires both in the open air and enclosed spaces (domestic buildings, working areas, service rooms, electrical room etc.), in transport and the mining industry, just to name a few.
Based on Mono Ammonium Phosphate, ISTO-1 Powder is:
- non-abrasive, chemically inert, non aggresive and non-toxic;
- environmentally friendly, biodegradable;
- its residue could be added to industrial organic fertilisers.
- No toxic ingredients
- No ozone depletion
- No pressure cylinders (non explosive if heated, not leaking).
- Used for Class A, B, C, E fires ( involving electrical energized equipment )
- Can be used for total flooding & local applications
- Can be installed in almost any industrial or residential risk area
- Wide temperature operating range ( -60 to + 90 C )
- The TUNGUS modules are rechargeable
- High extinguishing efficiency
- Low powder consumption
- Simple installation
- Minimal maintenance
- 10 years Standard lifetime.
- Modules do not require special maintenance.
- Visual observation for parts damage. Supervision of the electrical circuitry integrity for electrically operated modules.
- Following system discharge the area should be cleaned by a non-wet method of dry-wiping, brushing off or vacuuming
Health & Safety
- TUNGUS modules are non-pressurized – non explosive if heated and it is not leaking.
- TUNGUS modules use ISTO-1 powder ( Mono Ammonium Phosphate based ).
- ISTO-1 Powder is non-abrasive, chemically inert, non aggressive and non-toxic.
- ISTO-1 Powder is environmentally friendly, discharged
Fast, Waterless Acting Protection
The system reacts within seconds, It will diffuse the fire quickly and minimise the amount of soot and smoke. The fire damage is usually concentrated to the area/equipment that caught fire.
This also reduces production/operation downtime, with minimal clean-up required, if any (e.g. a non-wet method of dry-wiping, brushing off or vacuuming). The Tungus Modules have a 10-year lifetime warranty and do not require special maintenance.